[Zope3-dev] Re: Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:29:11 -0400

kapil thangavelu wrote:
> honestly i find the information in wikis hard to get through and dissemniate,
> it takes alot of time to play the click tracking game, which i find
> distractful from the actual dissemniation of content. i would be vastly in
> favor of a pep style system (not proposal wise just document-wise) powered by
> backtalk. spend that extra time you would have spent organizing a wikis or
> delving through one doing something useful liking writing or coding.

I think the difference you're talking about has nothing to do with wiki
vs. PEP.  I think the difference is in the maturity level of the
software being discussed.  A PEP is easier to understand mainly because
the technology discussed (Python) is well understood.  Some of the Zope
3 wiki is hard to understand because the technology is still under
development and is not understood well enough to document.  Switching to
a PEP system would not change this.

To anyone who feels an inkling to reply to this thread: don't reply,
instead direct your energy toward some wiki gardening.  It's easy. :-)

Shane