[Zope3-dev] Re: ObjectHub notes: removing objects

Gary Poster gary@zope.com
17 Oct 2002 10:24:44 -0400

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 07:47, Steve Alexander wrote:

> Let's think about the Hub's responsibility in this case. The Hub is
> supposed to keep an up-to-date mapping from HubId<-->location for all
> registered objects.

<snip>

Yes, this gets to my first "con".  I'm not sold on leaving it the way it
is, just lazy. ;-)  So I think I agree with you and Chris: the interface
behavior is better than the implemented behavior.  An object removal
event of an object registered in the hub should trigger unregsitration,
and should fire only one hub event: an IObjectRemovedHubEvent,
subclassing IObjectUnregisteredHubEvent.