[Zope3-dev] ObjectHub notes: removing objects

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:23:10 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:

> Symmetry is good for symmetrical things. I think this case is somewhat
> lopsided, on account of the object being already registered when it is
> removed. We're not interested in all object removed events, only in
> those where the object is already registered with the Hub.
> This is different than the case when an object is added, where we need
> to decide whether to register it or not.

Hmmm... can someone explain why adding and deletion have been seperated from
registering and unregistering? This seems unnecessarily complex to me so I must
be missing something...

> The Hub needs to maintain its own registry of HubId<-->location.

Indeed.

> Again, this is different from the case when an object is added, as the
> object is not registered at the time it is added,

Why not?

> Of course, adding an object to a container that is registered could
> cause some sort of ObjectChanged event to be sent on behalf of the
> container.

Yeah, but relying on that feels brittle to me..

cheers,

Chris