[Zope3-dev] ObjectHub: Kill the plugins!

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:22:13 +0000

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> At 13:28 21/10/2002, Steve Alexander wrote:
>
>> Ok. I propose that HubEvents contain a reference to their ObjectHub
>> (probably an in-context reference) that can be used by subscribers to
>> know which objecthub sent the event. This makes a lot of sense to me,
>> as HubIds are only Ids relative to a particular ObjectHub.
>

> Can someone give a simple use case why we need several ObjectHubs
> instead of a central one ?

* You have several sites hosted in the same ZODB.

* Someone decides to use an application-specific ObjectHub as part of
their application, to make it so that their application is easily
exported to another ZODB while maintaining the same HubIds.

--
Steve Alexander