[Zope3-dev] ObjectHub notes: removing objects

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:53:23 +0000

Steve Alexander wrote:

>> Hmmm... can someone explain why adding and deletion have been
>> seperated from registering and unregistering?
>
> They are different things.

I will mumble YAGNI quietly and belatedly and be proved rigth by confused
newbies in years to come who wonder why Zope 3 is so over-complicated ;-)

>>> Of course, adding an object to a container that is registered could
>>> cause some sort of ObjectChanged event to be sent on behalf of the
>>> container.
>>
>> Yeah, but relying on that feels brittle to me..
>
> What, specifically, would you rely on it for?

If you're not relying on it, then why mention it? If you are relying on it, then
that feels brittle. What if you decide to swap in a new container component that
didn't do this because it didn't think it had to and so didn't avertise this fact?

cheers,

Chris