[Zope3-dev] Sprint in March 2003

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:45:44 +0100

Christian Theune wrote:
> I already asked Jim (and am CCing him) about a Sprint in Europe in
> March. We (the DZUG, german zope usergroup) need to have this sprint financed by local sponsors, which
> will be businesses that are using Zope. Some of them require to know
> what possible topics this sprint will focus on, when sponsoring.
>
> If it's possible, I would be glad if some of you could try to guess
> about that. Thanks.

The original idea of the sprintathon is to have another 'followup'
sprintathon later on after the one we are holding here in Rotterdam,
combining the two into a 'marathon'. In that case some of the topics
developed during the first sprintathon (and before and after hopefully!)
can be developed further during the second one in March.

That's just philosophy, but it's nice to get some connections between
the sprints established. Right now we have the sprintathon, then the
Vilnius Codeworks Sprint (I'll be there too by the way), which is the
next week, and then one coming up in march. Zope 3 is right now moving
quickly along, so it's probably easier to set up a more solid timeline now
than was possible in the past. Perhaps we can start putting the sprints
on the timeline. I think Jim was working on a timeline anyway, so perhaps
it's in a mail I am yet to read. :)

Regards,

Martijn