[Zope3-dev] ObjectHub/Event service: who sends those events anyway?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:18:03 +0000

Gary Poster wrote:

>>Why introduce complexity? What's the use case for a NoneVocalContainer?
>>(I'd see them as a PITA to deal with :-S)
>
> The idea is that IContainer is the simple core version and we are adding
> bells and whistles upon it--and the base interface is important not only
> for the definition of simplest behavior but also in fact likely to be
> needed for simple objects.

Is it only me who worries that Zope 3 is getting (needlessly) overcomplicated
for the early stage of its life cycle?

<silent stuff>
>>YAGNI.
>
> shrug.  For this approach I NI (Need It).

I hypothesise that if you need this, your design could be improved in another
area such that this isn't needed.

>>>Notice that's a new event type--IObjectDuplicated.  Presumably it would
>>>need a hub event parallel as well.
>>
>>Why? What's wrong with an added?
>
> Different connotation.  Probably would be a subclass of added.

Different connotation maybe, but why is it actually needed?!

cheers,

Chris