[Zope3-dev] ObjectHub: Kill the plugins!

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:49:13 +0000

Steve Alexander wrote:

> For me, these all come under the heading of "QueryService".

Well, I like the concept, I don't like the name...

> There are many advantages to having metadata, indexing and querying
> handled as plugins inside the same service.

...this combined service handles all of these, which together sound like
Searching to me:
http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=search

How about SearchService? (please ignore the abbreviation ;-)

> I disagree, for the reasons mentioned above. I do agree that removing
> plugins from the objecthub is a good idea. I still think that a Query
> service that uses plugins is a very good thing.

How does a plugin differ from a normal subscriber?

cheers,

Chris