[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Alpha 1 in 2002

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
30 Oct 2002 16:02:31 -0200

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 09:36, Steve Alexander wrote:
> > > When I say metadata I really mean something like indexes in the
> > > current catalog. Dublin Core has nothing to do with this.
> >

> > Actually, I think you meant to say "I really mean something like
> > metadata in the current ZCatalog".
> >
> > Yes, there will be such a thing, either as a stand-alone Service,
> > and/or as part of the Indexing service
>

> I've added to the roadmap a note about metadata.

I remember there being a talk in this list about not calling it metadata
but cached data or somesuch, exactly so that we didn't have a name clash
with dublin-core and because sometimes the ZCatalog metadata cached
things which were not metadada, but proper dada (or something), so the
name was not entirely apropriate.

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.