[Zope3-dev] More questions about Configuration system

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:34:41 -0400 (EDT)

INonEmptyDirective's __call__ method says it returns an
IComplexDirectiveHandler.  But I can't find IComplexDirectiveHandler
anywhere (though several tests do talk about testing complex
directives).   Is this a todo, or a doc error?

Looking at the fact that IEmptyDirective and ISubdirectiveHandler
(at least) both reference the "list of actions" data structure,
and that there is a function Action that builds and returns
an Action tuple, it looks to my naive eyes like there might be
a place for an Action class with a corresponding Interface.
Is there a reason for not having one, or did using an Action
class (whose Interface might just be a Schema) just seem like
overkill?

I'm thinking that I should try to write a tool that reads the meta
configuration stuff and makes sure that there are files in
doc/zcml/namespaces.zope.org that describe all the defined directives.
But *that* makes me speculate about putting the documentation info
into the meta.zcml files.  Am I crazy?

--RDM