[Zope3-dev] i18n:translate and message id

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
09 Sep 2002 17:00:07 +0200

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 16:44, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>     FG> For the record, I consider TALES the better choice seeing that
>     FG> otherwise there would be no way to have a computed message id
>     FG> for translation without explicitely calling some translation
>     FG> service.
>
> Do you have a use case for needing a computed message id?

Actually I lied, we can do computed message ids, but that's not elegant.
The ones I have (they're from Plone) are all a variation of:

      tal:replace="item/importance">Importance</span></span>

      tal:replace="tab/name">Tab Name</span></span>

Note that the current Zope 2.7 (and Zope 3) code does not allow the
shorter form (which is allowed by Lalo's AltPTi18n):

Which is a quite acceptable way to do computed message ids.

Anyway I'm quite happy with the status quo now that I'm used to it.

Florent