[Zope3-dev] proposal to extend meta.zcml files with documentation strings

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:47:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> I agree!  I once tried to deduce the relationship between a ZCML
> directive and the code that handled it by reading the configuration
> code ;-).

Meaning reading the code in a metaConfigure.py file that is referenced
by the 'handler' attribute of a metaconfiguration directive?  If
you do that *after* you read my meta.stx file, you should be able
to figure out the relationship fairly easily <grin>.

But I'll grant you that to understand what was going on well
enough to write that doc took me several days of banging my
head against a wall <wry grin>.  That effort was triggered by
exactly what you said:  trying to figure out what a directive
did by looking at the handler code.

--RDM