[Zope3-dev] Z3 documentation

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:02:09 -0700

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 02:13  AM, Steve Alexander wrote:

>> 2. What is the primary target audience? E.g. Zope2 users? Zope2
>> developers? General readers outside the Zope community? While well
>> designed docs can certainly address the needs of multiple groups, it's
>> generally helpful to identify a primary target.
>
> The main documentation should assume no knowledge of Zope 2 from the
> reader. Many users of Zope 3 have not used Zope 2.

I think that Zope 3 is different enough that even Zope 2 users would
benefit from clear documentation removed from previous contexts.  And,
as you point out below, I think that a "Zope 2 to Zope 3" translation
guide would be nice, and could actually benefit by being able to focus
on documenting the differences and telling the story in Zope 2 terms
while not having to document all of Zope 3 at the same time.