reST, mechamisms? (was Re: [Zope3-dev] Z3 documentation)

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:50:08 -0500

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 10:41, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> What would I / we need to do to start moving forward?

Please, please implement/integrate reST in Zope 3. I just talked to Jim, and
he said he would love someone to do this!

BTW, I will make sure you are bale to use reST from the Online Help then!

> And while narrative documentation is being developed in the Wiki right
> now, there are plans to move it to files/CVS at some point before final
> release, right?  I think it's important to tag and release
> documentation in near-sync with shipping code.  I think it's great that
> I can travel back in time to Python 1.6 documentation on the rare cases
> I still need to.

Well, I would prefer the documentation to live in the Wikis, for all of the
reasons I posted before. Wikis have versions too. And notice that most of the
Wiki based documentation would not be as suitable for files anyhow, e.g. I
would never want to write a Cookbook in CVS files.

However, I really want the OnlineHelp to live in reST space. In fact, the
reason I have not written any more OnlineHelp screens is because of the lack
of reST.

Regards,
Stephan
--