[Zope3-dev] Zope3 broken?

Albertas Agejevas alga@codeworks.lt
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:47:06 +0300

Hi,

This morning Marius found that many Zope 3 tests fail.  Steve and I
did not experience this problem, as we run the tests just for the zope
package.

  python test.py zope  -- OK

  python test.py       -- 51 errors, including zope.app tests, with
                          the following error:

  File "/home/users/alga/src/Zope3/src/transaction/txn.py", line 84, in join
    raise IllegalStateError("join", self._status)
IllegalStateError: Can't join transaction in Preparing state

It appears that the transaction machinery falls apart at some point
with a failing transaction abort, and this causes a cascade of
IllegalStateErrors in subsequent tests.

As noone else seems to have noticed this, I thought it's a good idea
to bring it up in the mailing list.

Cheers,
Albertas
--