[Zope3-dev] Re: may help with documentation

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:23:54 -0500

On Thursday 03 April 2003 17:17, Alberto Berti wrote:
>  I've anonymously checkouted Zope3 from cvs (head) plus some test products
> like the job board example, and I'm not a contributor. maybe  in the
> beginning i can send to i you tarballs containing my work until my
> commitment consolidates?

Yep, that would work; diffs would be better.

>  I need oter tools in order to write
> documentation? Rather than emacs, of course...

Nope, not at all. BTW, I edit all my Wiki structured text in Emacs, since it
helps you a lot with the layout.

> There are papers containing documentation style guidelines?

No, not really. Maybe this would be a great first documentation task - Create
a Documentation Style Guide. Here a couple guidelines:

1. We use (re)structured text for all documentation, be it Wikis or CVS files.

2. There is a template for cookbook recipes at
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/RecipeTemplate

3. Every piece of software documentation (if not every Wiki) should have a
status badge. See
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/WikiBadge

4. Look at existing documentation files/wikis for help. :-) [It's like: Read
the source.]

Regards,
Stephan
--