[Zope3-dev] ZWiki for Zope 3

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 15:53:45 -0500

Hi,

for all who are not subscribed to the Zope 3 checkins, here is the checkin
message of the new ZWiki for Zope 3 product:

Initial ZWiki for Zope 3 checkin. Much thanks goes to Simon Michael who
helped me out getting this first piece of rendering right.

Features so far:

  - Wiki object. Container of all Wiki pages.

  - WikiPage content object, holding the data, which turned out to be tiny.

  - Beginnings of the PageHierarchyAdapter...no view and not tested.

  - Rendered code recognizes Wiki names, the escaping '!' and the '[]' for
    all lower case Wiki names.

  - Generated Links bring you either to another Wiki page or to an add page.

Immediate to dos:

  - Get tests running.

  - Add tests for the rendering.

  - Implement PageHierarchy support (maybe write own traverser).

  - Implement stx and/or rest support.

I hope that Simon will really get into the project and contribute all of
his know-how on Wikis. :-)

I find that the Developer experience has drastically improved since I last
tried to develop a product (bug collector) for Zope 3. There are still
some rough edges, but that's okay - at least I do not feel like missing
features left and right.

Regards,
Stephan
--