[Zope3-dev] KeyError when accessing ZopeTop

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:07:38 -0600

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 01:54  AM, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:46:46AM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> When you use TAL/METAL on an XML file, you have to explicitly declare
>> 'tal' and 'metal' namespaces:
>>
>>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
>>         xmlns:metal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/metal">
>
> Unfortunatelly after adding those to zopetop/www/widget_macros.pt I
> get a
> different error:
>
>   METALError: macro 'views/standard_macros/logged_user' has
> incompatible
>   mode 'xml', at line 37, column 3
>
> Does this mean you cannot mix HTML and XML templates?

You can't mix them in *macros*.  By my understanding), macros get
expanded into the template using them on first pass, and then the whole
page is executed as TAL in a second pass.  It's very different from
just calling/rendering a template from within a page.

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@cuemedia.com