[Zope3-dev] Number of languages in Zope 3

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 08:58:45 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:
 >> Fully explore Zope in such a way that is could be used by one person
 >> to develop a pilot project that might lead to fuller deployment.
 >
 > You don't need to explore a system fully to develop a pilot project.
 > You need to explore it enough.

Most customers I've spoken to recently want to feel they understand the
system fully enough that they can geta grasp on the 'whole thing' before
comitting to a project...

 > How many languages do you need to know to set up Squishdot with Zope 2
 > and customise the colours and text and graphics?

One, and a knowledge of how to use Zope properties.

 > I'd consider that one kind of pilot project. It should take the same
 > effort, or less effort, to do that kind of pilot project with Zope 3.

Indeed.

 > I do not understand what question you are asking.

In what circumstances are Zope sites managed and maintained by a single
person?
In what circumstances are Zope sites managed and maintained by many people?

 > I have direct evidence that you know Python. Everything in Zope 3 (*) is
 > ultimately implemented in Python. You can use Python for Everything.

If you're being facetious, that's not helpful. If you aren't, please
explain how you'd use python in place of ZCML?

cheers,

Chris