[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: Correct sequence for PUT

Paul Everitt paul@zope-europe.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:54:51 +0200

You're right, I wasn't clear.  It's only when the server tells the
client (with a 301 status) that the Location header must be used.  (I
think, at least.  The use of SHOULD in 10.3.2 muddies the water, I
think the SHOULD only applies to HEAD, but it is MUST when doing a PUT.)

Interestingly, Apache/mod_dav chooses to return a Location in the
response, even for 201 Created status codes.  I think that was my
mistake, thinking that Apache/mod_dav behavior equated to the standard.
:^)

--Paul