[Zope3-dev] i18n, unicode, and the underline

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:45:21 -0400

On Monday 14 April 2003 10:35, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Have you considered the possibility of adding a __future__ statement to
> make Python create Unicode objects insteads of strings by default?  (But
> for all I know, that could already be done or rejected.  Feel free to
> say so. :-) )

That would be could. We could just put this into the z3.py script and be saved
from most troubles. On the other hand, we would have to go through the code
and see where we use strings for binary data.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter