[Zope3-dev] "Hello World" CGI surprise for zope.publisher

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:51:33 -0400

At 09:03 PM 4/14/03 +0200, Steve Alexander wrote:

>>Pop quiz: Anybody care to guess at the output of this script?  Or more
>>simply, anybody care to guess at how many *digits* there are in the
>>number of *lines* this script outputs?  How many modules would you expect
>>to come from the 'zope' package alone?  Are you as surprised as I was?
>
>I was relieved to find nothing from zope.app

I have to admit I was similarly relieved.  The biggest surprises for me
were all the 'zope.schema.*' and 'xml.*' packages.

After reflecting on it for a bit, though, I can't reasonably claim that any
of the applications I intend to develop with zope.publisher won't end up
using most of the stuff that gets imported, with the only possible
exception being monolingual US-only apps.