[Zope3-dev] Problems with zwiki

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:31:21 -0400

On Sunday 20 April 2003 05:35, Marcus J. Ertl wrote:
> I'm not shure, if it is right, to send this to this mailing list, of if
> I just should send this to the author of zwiki.

I read the mailing list, so it is good. :-)

> I had some problems with I18n for zwiki. I just went through I18N.txt
> for building the *.mo's, this is, what I had to do different from the
> description in I18N.txt:

BTW, before answering the questions, I wanted note that the German translation
is checked in and you do not need anything to make it work.

> 1. I18N says:
>
>     Set the the Python path:: export PYTHONPATH=<zope3>/src
>
>    But I had to do
>
>      export PYTHONPATH=<zope3>/src:<zope3>
>
>   otherwise, extract.py did not found all modules

??? This should not be true. <zope3> is not part of the Python Path!

> 2. I had to add a empty __init__.py to
>
>    <zope3>\src\zope\app\translation_files

You have an old Zope 3 CVS checkout. See
http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/src/zope/app/translation_files/__init__.py

> 3. I18N says, I should do:
>
>     msgmerge -U de/LC_MESSAGES/wiki.po wiki.pot
>
>     but my version of msgmerge tells me, it don't know anything about
> -U.

I have gettext 0.11.5, in which -U / --update stands for update. See
http://www.imm.dtu.dk/courses/02130/man/index.php?command=msgmerge++++++++++++

> Some of these may be my fault, I'm afraid. It's the first time, I'm
> getting in touch with gettext!

Do you want to improve the German translations? ;-)

Thanks for the mail.

Regards,
Stephan
--