[Zope3-dev] Discussion: Configuration vs. Configuration

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:53:19 -0400

> As I understand it, in the first case you're configuring a component,
> and in the second case you're configuring the way a different component
> relates to the component you're looking at.  I feel like both of these
> are clear examples of configuration, but the difference is in what
> you're configuring.  Maybe the second case is "site configuration"?

That's how Jim has been defending this, yes.  But it doesn't remove
the confusion.

Tim suggested "registration" for the second kind; I like that much
better.  And in fact, these configuration objects are held in a data
structure that's already called a "registry"!