[Zope3-dev] zwiki: performance of findChildren()

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
25 Apr 2003 11:37:07 -0400

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 03:23, Roch=E9 Compaan wrote:
> > What is an mxmRelation?
>=20
> It is a BTree storing bi-directional relations between objects (from
> Max's mxmRelations Product).
>=20
> > I was thinking that some kind of property could
> > be used to provide indexex relations in ZODB, where client code could
> > treat the relation just like any other attribute.  Is that the basic
> > idea of what you're doing?
>=20
> Precisely!
>=20
> > I'm not clear on how this would get integrated with the ObjectHub, bu=
> > it seems pretty useful for ZODB applications in general.
>=20
> Absolutely. It would make life a lot easier.

I'd be quite interested to have something like this in ZODB4.  I'm still
unclear on how Zope3 could exploit the feature, because of its extra
place-related requirements.  Does anyone know if there are design notes
on how this sort of stuff is supposed to work in Zope3?

jeremy