[Zope3-dev] No redirect!

Marcus J. Ertl marcus.ertl@larp-welt.de
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:27:54 +0200

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:53:03 +0200, Steve Alexander wrote:

Hi!

>> -1 for returning HTML directly from a non-idempotent form submission:
>> the URL of the submission's request won't correspond properly to the
>> view being presented.

Then, that's a different question: Should views allways be the same for
the same url? I don't think so! Same URL mean same content, not same
view!

For Example:
If I view a mail-message, I view it under /some/path/mail, but if I
chose somewhere a short view without heades, under this url, I will see
a short message, with now headers, but if I set a full view, I will see
under the same url a full message view with all headers.

I think here we have to PoV:
- I connect a URL to a contend
- You connect a URL to a view

I don't now which is the better way!

>> path end up breaking the browser's back button, as well as exposing
>> non-bookmarkable URLs.

Sorry, but I don't see, why this should happen!

>> The spec also blesses the frequent-but-noncompliant
>> current usage of 302 response codes

If the RFC do this, I even don't like it! :-( Sorry! If a browser
connects to a url, in my point of view, it should get an correct
answer, not a "look there"!

By the way: I got a solution for my problem (thanks to Theuni for
schowing me, where I was wrong!) , using somthing like:

view = getView(self.context, 'myView', self.reqeust)
return view()

:o) AllI need is in Zope3!

Bye
   Marcus