[Zope3-dev] Re: Core dump with z3

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:40:12 -0400

> This happens to me every now and then.  It looks like the regular build
> process does not always rebuild C modules and you need to perform a make
> clean manually.

That's because the setup.py doesn't know all the dependencies of the C
modules.  I think it only recompiles if the module's main .c file is
changed; but that's not enough because most of the BTree code is
actually in a template file that is included by the main .c files.

Hmm...  I think distutils now has a way to express generalized
dependencies; maybe that should be used?  I'll investigate.