[Zope3-dev] RE: annotations/dc and component definitions

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:16:29 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:
>> I still think it's a suprise -- a different interface name might
>> help, one that implied metadata.
>=20
> But IAttributeAnnotatable does not imply metadata.
> It implies being able to annotate, which encompases a whole lot more
> than just metadata.

Yes, definitely -- not suggesting to actually rename that interface :-)

The "surprise" is in seeing a "Metadata" tab pop up in the ZMI for my
content as soon as I implement IAttributeAnnotatable. It would have been
less surprising if I implemented something like
IAttributeAnnotatableMetadata.

But, this is really a small thing -- I was only slightly emotionally
disturbed by the shock ;-)

 -- Garrett