[Zope3-dev] z3 hanging on my ftests

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:42:04 -0500

I'm running into a hang after a certain number of 'publish' calls in my
functional tests. The problem is cropping up as a result of the recent
change to zope/testing/functional.py, where only one connection is
opened to the root folder.

The hang is occurring in zodb/db.py at line 280. The default zodb is
configured with a pool size of 7 -- and my tests are eating up more than
7, which causes db.open() to wait for the other connections to close.

I'm not sure what the solution is -- just passing along the info. I
would assume that a call to publish would close the db connection and
this problem would never occur. Or perhaps the pool size should be
configurable. Dunno -- but when I revert to the previous revision of
zope/testing/functional.py, no more hang.

 -- Garrett