[Zope3-dev] functional tests need an ObjectHub

Marius Gedminas mgedmin@centras.lt
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:00:30 +0300

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 05:14:54PM +1000, Anthony Baxter wrote:
> Trying to use ObjectHub in functional tests right now is busted.=20
> There's no 'HubIds' service hooked up (and I suspect no Registration
> service, either). Can someone (SteveA nominated Marius :) please
> have a look at this and fix?

I put a breakpoint in BootstrapInstance.doSetup, and saw that both
HubIds service and Registration component are created before running the
functional tests.

Do you manipulate objects directly (via getRootFolder()['xxx']) or via
the publication mechanism?  In the former case it might be that the lack
of context decoration stopped any events being sent to the hub service.

I have modified FunctionalTestCase.getRootFolder to return context
wrapped root folder now.  Could you check if you still have problems?
If so, I'd like to see the actual test code that fails.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I've been in the sun for a week.  I took the bold step of leaving my
laptop at home.  I found only 4K messages pending when I returned.
	-- Keith Packard

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--