[Zope3-dev] TextSources

Marcus J. Ertl marcus.ertl@larp-welt.de
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 12:34:44 +0200

Hi!

I've just discovered, that the textsources service of the zwiki has
moved into the Zope3-core! Great! But is there any way to convert from
one format to another?

I would need this for quoting in messages in my forum! I did some work
about this, but aren't very happy now!

reST, HTML and plaintext works fine as far as I'm gone noe, but
converting to reST is just a mess! I decided for me, to do this
converion in to steps: render to html, and then render the html to
reST, html ;o), plaintext and STX. So I have only to write to
converters: One to html and one from html!

All the work I have done, isn't more than a proof of concept at this
state.

I've posted some of my code to the docutils mailinglist before, but
without any comments up to now!

You may find my code under (using svn):
https://tiran.faho.rwth-aachen.de:7443/svn/lnproducts3/LNGlobals/trunk/

or via ViewCVS under:
https://tiran.faho.rwth-aachen.de:7443/viewcvs/LNGlobals/trunk/

I think something like this should be part of the sourcetype service at
all! Perhabs the source may help someone better then me to make such a
thing?

Any comments are welcome!

Bye
  Marcus