[Zope3-dev] Configuration refactoring after zcmlgeddon

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp@weitershausen.de
Sun, 03 Aug 2003 14:41:55 -0500

Hi y'all,

Jim's zcmlgeddon brought us not only a nice way of declaring and
documenting directives, it also enables us to do i18n for configuration.
i18n in configuration is required when you're declaring a role, a menu
item or a form: you'd want its title, label or description to be
translated when it appears in the browser.

Stephan and I have converted major parts of the directive meta system in
the past few days. Since configuration now includes i18n, i18n domains
have to be set for all configuration. I've already done that for Zope
core and all current Zope3 products. However, if you are developing your
own 3rd party products, make sure your configure.zcml now includes
i18n_domain="yourproductsi18ndomain" in the document element (used to be
zopeConfigure, it's now just plain 'configure')

We do not yet have a tool to extract message IDs from directive schemas.
Any contributions in that field will be welcome.

Cheers,

Philipp