[Zope3-dev] Context and Component Lookup

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:04:08 -0400

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 06:57:56AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

> | Finally, I'll note that the component lookup policy will be
> | pluggable. Alternative policies can be configured.
>
> So, in your example above, it would be possible to have a request in
> S1, and in the given view, where we access object P from S2, we can
> choose to use the definition of the view V in S2 (supposing that you
> follow your inclination and end up choosing to use the definition of
> the view V in S1?), provided that we provide a pluggable component to
> do that?

Not exactly.  The policy of where to look up services is pluggable.
So, there is now a policy that searches context (and has the problem
that I mentioned).  I'm proposing to plug in an alternative policy that
used a thread-global site.  You can plug in whatever policy you want,
including the policy we have now. This is, necessarily, a global policy.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org