[Zope3-dev] TTW Indexes

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:26:44 +0200

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Ok, I agree...maybe I haven't seen the problems because I have never
> had the need to index one object with multiple catalogs.

Hm...I keep running into situations where I want to add an index to
the catalog in order to support one particular kind of object;
most objects don't need this index. What would you suggest in
this case?

I tend to stick to one big catalog myself, but it
certainly doesn't make me happy to see all these indexes trying
to index stuff which might not even be there. Especially in Zope 2,
where I never know whether they still might not inherit or acquire it
from unsuspected place. :)

Regards,

Martijn