[Zope3-dev] Context proposal II

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Aug 7 14:23:19 EDT 2003

(Sorry this isn't a direct reply, but I appear to have left my e-mail
program running at home, meaning it's downloading and deleting mail...  so
I had to read proposal II from the list archives, once I figured out why
I'm not getting any mail at the office...)

I'm +1 on the new proposal, provided that zope.app's choice to use the
request for context doesn't impact standalone use of zope.publisher.  I.e.,
there should be no code inside of zope.publisher that does the context setup.

I also would like to say I'm pretty happy with IContained - it looks like
it will be very straightforward to adapt between it and PEAK's
IBindingNode, and perhaps this will also be the case for IServiceService
and PEAK's IConfigSource.  This will probably be good news for users of
both frameworks, since in principle it could mean each could use the
other's services.  (In practice, I think there are some adaptation-related
issues that might get in the way, but we can burn that bridge when we get
to it.)