[Zope3-dev] Changing the behavior of ++skin++ namespace

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Aug 8 10:52:45 EDT 2003

You can set the skin for a request bu including a path element of the form

   ++skin++somename

in a URL.  Currently, this is allowed to be anywhere in the path part of the
URL. I'm going to change the support for this so that this element must come at
the beginning of a path.  That is, you'll be able to use something like:

   http://foo.com/++skin++ZopeTop/a/b

but not:

   http://foo.com/a/++skin++ZopeTop/b

If anyone has a problem with this, let me  know ASAP.

(For those of you familiar with the innter workings of this, I'm
  getting rid of the whole "side-effect-names" business.  This is
  in preparation for containergeddon, where we place much less
  reliance on context wrappers.)

Among other things, this change will make the tree browser work properly
with ++skin++.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org