[Zope3-dev] general question regarding zope3

ChongQing Xiao cqxiao at epicsystems.com
Fri Aug 8 12:28:58 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am very interested in learning Zope (especially zope3) and have some
general questions regarding zope3.

Question 1:

Is anyone using zope as an application sever (beside using it as CMS)?

>From what I see by going through zope mail list or example, It seems
Zope is a great tool for CMS.

But I am more interested in using zope as an application for other
purpose.

For example, if I want to design a schedule system for Hospital, how do
we handle the complex relation between

Patient, Appointment, Department, Visit Type, it seems the folder
concept used in Zope doesn't fit quite well in this case.

If Patient is the root folder, I can see appointment will be a child
under patient, but then how do we fit in Department, Visit Type,
Provider, will they be their

Own root folder ... I just get lost here somehow.

I can of course use relation database to handle this but then I lost
most of the build in feather of zope.

The only example which fits into this is ERP5 (www.erp5.com
<http://www.erp5.com/> ) but I am wondering if zope3 has any new
function will resolve this problem.