[Zope3-dev] Date field and widget?

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Tue Aug 12 11:45:47 EDT 2003

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 10:23, Gary Poster wrote:
>
>>There's a datetime field and widget, but no date field or widget on the
>>head AFAIK...No time field or widget either, but I don't have that itch
>>at the moment.
>

> Why not create a date and a time field and make the datetime field a union of
> the two? Ditto for the widget.

I have an interest in making a rich datetime widget that separates out
the parts as you suggest, but, not least because of the date, time,
datetime triumverate in the Python 2.3 datetime package, I'd prefer to
keep the schema bits in three separate fields.

Another factor is that I can make the date field, widget, and tests very
quickly (largely a cut and paste job) while a larger refactoring is out
of scope for me now, whether or not the community decides it is desirable.