[Zope3-dev] Re: problem running bug track product for zope3 binary release

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Aug 12 20:02:06 EDT 2003

ChongQing Xiao wrote:
> Hi, Garrett:
>
> Thanks for all the wonderful links and suggestions.
>
> I have downloaded zope3 binary release for windows ("ZopeX3-0.0m3.zip")
> and tried to play around with the bug trucker product.
> When I started up zope3, I get a configure error which is related to the
> configure.zcml file. I changed "configure" to "zopeConfigure" which
> seems fixed the problem. Now I get error related to element
> i18n_domain="bugtracker" (unrecognized attribute), If I delete this and
> run zope again, it will report other errors related to Unicode.

As nearly all products in CVS, the bug tracker product depends on the
current developent version of Zope3 ("CVS head"). Therefore I advise to
checkout Zope3 from CVS, too. You will have to compile it yourself,
though, which might be a problem for you as a Windows user. However,
Godefroid Chapelle, an active developer is doing all his Zope3
development on Windows using cygwin. You might want to contact him.

Best regards,

Phil