[Zope3-dev] Re: ZCML

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Mon Aug 18 18:47:31 EDT 2003

Shane Hathaway writes:
 > Why?  Note that I'm not saying that all attributes should be elements,
 > but that attributes should be regarded as a *shortcut*, which is how the
 > W3C sees it too.

Huh?  Is this the case in general, or only for RDF?  RDF is really a
special case in this regard as far as I'm aware.  Please provide a
pointer to something specific if I'm wrong.

 > As soon as some piece of the configuration becomes
 > more complex than a textual string, it should be represented as a child
 > element.  XML's rules intentionally steer you in that direction.

The question, then, is whether message ids with default text should be
viewed as something other than a simple string.  Most I18N support
tools go to great lengths to hide the difference, for better or
worse.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>