[Zope3-dev] Re: ZCML

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Tue Aug 19 10:33:23 EDT 2003

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
  > I totally agree. I recently refactored the browser:*form and *wizard
> stuff, so I would be willing to take this at least one step further to::
>
>      <browser:editform
>          schema="zope.app.content.image.IImage"
>          name="upload.html"
>          label="Upload an image"
>          permission="zope.ManageContent"
>          class=".image.ImageUpload."
>          template="imageedit.pt"
>          />
>        <browser:menu
>            id="zmi_views"
>            title="Upload"
>            />
>      </browser:editform>
>
> That the 'title' property was actually for the menu and not for the form
> had always bothered me... Any further suggestions before I get started
> with this?

I'd be inclined to change 'label' to something more explicit, like
'formCaption/form_caption'.

Btw, this reminds me of classic 'normalization' in RDBs. The use of
menu-related attributes for a form element violates one of the
normalization forms (3rd NF? :-) It's probably a good thing to look for
these in ZCML and use subdirectives as above.

  -- Garrett