[Zope3-dev] Re: ZCML

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Aug 20 10:17:18 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 08:31, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > The second thing that bothers me is that some directives use a lot of
> > attributes, and some of those attributes clash in comprehension.
> > "browser:editform" has both a "label" and a "title" attribute, for
> > example.  It turns out that "label" is text describing the form, and
> > "title" is text describing the menu item.  It would be simpler to have a
> > "menu" child element.

I agree, but this can be fixed easily. Philipp already responded to this.

> And put human-readable text in text nodes, not as attribute values.

This would totally bloat ZCML and make it unworkable. I mean theory is nice,
but Zope is a software, so we have to look at the practical side of things.
If ZCML fulfills all XML semantics but is unusable, we lost everything we
tried to accomplish.

Regards,
Stephan
--