[Zope3-dev] Re: ZCML

Martijn Faassen faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Aug 25 01:15:21 EDT 2003

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 02:40:52PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> | <menu><i18n msg_id="foo">Text</i18n></menu>
>
> Just a thought ... perhaps a shorter notation would be better, along
> the lines of how 'tal:content' works :
>
>     <menu i18n:msg_id="foo">Text</menu>

Yeah, when I considered it a bit more I figured that would've been better
too. Though putting msg_id into the i18n namespace probably isn't
useful here. It makes sense that any element with text content will
have an optional msg_id attribute. That makes it very similar in
semantics to the [] thing, but it's far more easy to deal with
from an XML tools perspective. (plus the rule that text content being
human-visible makes easier reading of the XML, I suspect).

Regards,

Martijn