[Zope3-dev] Many Questions: sessions, login, sermissions, rules, SimpleSessionDataManager.py

Marcus J. Ertl marcus.ertl at larp-welt.de
Sat Aug 30 19:22:36 EDT 2003

Hi!

I just attach a second version of an working, but simple and not for
real live use, SessionDataManager for use with the CookieSessionService!

It seems to work fine, but most of problems I get is from
Authentification.

I'm using Mozilla, Epiphanie and Konqueror for testing, and in all of
this browsers, i find in request.user often unauthenticatedPrincipal,
even if I've logged in successfully.

I also have many problems, with granting permissions to roles! How may I
see, why a request for a page is forbidden, even I thought, the
permissions would allow it?

Is the role "Everybody" for unauthorized users too? Or only for logged
in users, with now other matching role?

Stephan Richter told me on IRC, that there will be some steps forward
user settings. When will we have them in the cvs?

In wiki I (NoOwnershipRole) read, that there will no ownership role! :o(
Are there any **working** examples, how to set and get roles to a
prinzipal on a given object?

Bye
   Marcus