[Zope3-dev] Roles and permissions and plugins

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Mon Dec 1 11:24:12 EST 2003

After removing and rechecking in a binary file that was checked in as text I
yesterday got Zope3 working on Windows. The earlier problems I had must have
been a temporary glitch, cause there were no sign of them.

I was happy to find that much more than has been mentioned here is in fact
pluggable in the security methods.
For example, the identification mechanism obviously is pluggable, there is
one for Basic HTTP Authentication and another for FTP authentication. I
would like to try my hands on the security mechanism by making a Cookie
adapter for this, it seems like a good and reasonably simple task. :-)

However, I fail to find any place where the above adapters are mentioned
anywhere else in the code, so I fail to see how they actually are working
and selected. This is probably because of my Zope3 newbie status, but if
somebody could give me a hint on where to look I would be grateful.

Otherwise I'll just keep digging. :-)

/Lennart