[Zope3-dev] Does the Milestone 4 release support the new addMenuItem directive?

Carl Higashionna carl at thereinc.com
Wed Dec 3 17:35:26 EST 2003

Hi Everybody,

I'm new here and excited about diving into Zope 3. I'm running the Milestone 4
binary win32 release "ZopeX3-0.0m4.win32.zip".

A quick question.

I'm trying to install the example product from the ProgrammerTutorial Chapter 1,
Step 1. and I keep getting the following error upon startup:

ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"C:\Zope3-MS4-Windows\src\zopeproducts\configure.zcml", line 5.0
ConfigurationError: ('Unknown directive', u'http://namespaces.zope.org/browser',
u'addMenuItem')

My first guess is that the Milestone 4 release that I am running does not
support the new "addMenuItem" directive. Can anybody confirm this? Maybe there's
something else that I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Carl

ps: I've placed the "contact" package in the folder:
c:\Zope3-MS4-Windows\src\zopeproducts\*

pss: Here's the contents of the configure.zcml (I'm using the unedited 1.4
version of configure.zcml from CVS):

<configure
   xmlns='http://namespaces.zope.org/zope'
   xmlns:browser='http://namespaces.zope.org/browser'>