[Zope3-dev] Re: JSR 168, WSRP et al

Yves Moisan ymoisan at smnetcom.com
Fri Dec 5 14:43:55 EST 2003

Rob Page wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 09:42, Yves Moisan wrote:

> You can save a lot of complexity and get most of the functionality from
> Edge Side Includes:
>
>  - http://www.esi.org/

Last "news" item there is on esi.org dates back to Aug 2002 ...

>  - http://www.esi.org/press103002.html

and Squid development is now at 2.5.

Point is : does Zope rely on Squid 3 to achieve ESI capabilities and if
so when will that happen, given there does not seem to be a lot of
activity on esi.org (or else they need a better Webmaster or a somewhat
more automated news system ...)?

I was just curious about those standards, as I am to discover what
Longhorn/.NET/XAML and other MS technologies will be talking when it
comes to portals.

Thanx