AW: [Zope3-dev] policy for zope 3 community projects

Roger Ineichen r.ineichen at projekt01.ch
Sat Dec 6 20:59:47 EST 2003

Hi Martijn

This sounds great, we also started to develope a zope3 project
6 month ago and host this on our own intern server.
If we are ready to release a working version, we are
interrested on sharing this project with other opensource members.

Actually we host this on a Subversion server, it's great.

> Hi there,
>
> I've started a zope 3 extension project to develop a package
> called 'zopexml'. The project name is also zopexml, so that's
> a top level project prefix.
>
> zopexml contains modules and packages relevant to using XML in Zope 3.
>
> I won't check this into zopeproducts, as it's going to go
> away. It also can't be in zope.products, as I can't expect
> that this is somehow
> Zope3 blessed code that will be updated whenever Zope 3
> changes. Also I think that's the wrong hierarchy; I want to
> import from zopexml, not zope.products.zopexml or something like that.
1+
Our project whould be a framework based on zope3.
We add a hole package to the "src" package and will support
a api.
Products based on this framework can be placed in
src.zopeproducts.

> For the time being, I'm checking it into the Infrae CVS. This
> doesn't make much sense either as it's not a very visible
> location as Stephan Richter mentioned. It would be nice if it
> could be in the cvs.zope.org repository, possibly in
> something similar to Products for Zope 2, like z3packages or
> whatever. Note that this itself *wouldn't* be a Python
> package though, just a
> top level directory you can add to your PYTHONPATH and which
> contains Python packages (like zopexml). So, no __init__.py
> in z3packages.
>
> It's however unclear what ZC's policy on this is/should be.
> Perhaps we should work on some community repository similar
> in nature to what I understand the Plone collective to be?
> Who would host this, though?
1+
We prefere Subversion, speedup your checkins, braches, better overview etc.

> Regards,
>
> Martijn

Regards
Roger