[Zope3-dev] RFP: menu item ordering

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Fri Dec 12 07:07:49 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:40:34AM +0200, Steve Alexander wrote:

| >I have a feeling that there should be a way to provide greater control over
| >item ordering.  I haven't thought of a good way of doing this.
| >
| >I think that the thing that makes it hard is the distributed definition of
| >menu items.
| >
| >In addition, I suspect it would be best to be able to specify the ordering
| >independent of the item definition. Of course, that makes it even harder.
| >
| >Does anyone have any ideas?
|
| This has been discussed on this list before.
|
| See the discussion "menu item ordering" around 24 April 2003.
|
|   http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2003-April/thread.html#6697
|

| I suggested a complex scheme with an optional simplification.
|
|   http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2003-April/006701.html

Sounds interesting, but very complex. What about a 'priority' value
for ordering? Items with higher priority would be sorted first, and
items with equal priority would sort by registration order. It
isn't possible to specify the *exact* order anyway, so this may be
enough.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
you want.
		-- D. Cohen