[Zope3-dev] RFP: menu item ordering

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Fri Dec 12 08:14:30 EST 2003

| Would the priorities be part of the menu item definitions?
| Or would they be specified separately?

Yes, though I would imagine a separate directive for overriding would
be useful:

  <browser:menuItemPriority
   for="x.y.z.IContainer"
   menu="contents.html"
   priority="10"
   />

| How do people pick priorities?

The same way they would pick an order, though the higher the priority,
higher is the chance the menuitem will appear first.

| What if everyone picked the same priority?

Then the registration order would be used.

Alternatively, it just occurred to me that we could provide an
IMenuOrder adapter, so that the order policy would be pluggable. It's
clear that this is one point where no single solution would satisfy
everyone's taste.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

"sic transit discus mundi"
(From the System Administrator's Guide, by Lars Wirzenius)